Zoropsis spinimana cocoon

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Found this specimen last week, she was wandering on the wall of my house. She was gravid, started to prepare the cocoon after few days - And two crickets :)
Thanks, what I have is a tiny spider just beyond the spiderling stage into the juvenile with a brown hard cocoon. she is gaurding it nonstop. I don't want spiderlings so I am going to have to use large tongs to remove i guess any help will be usefull.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Thanks, what I have is a tiny spider just beyond the spiderling stage into the juvenile with a brown hard cocoon. she is gaurding it nonstop. I don't want spiderlings so I am going to have to use large tongs to remove i guess any help will be usefull.
If you don't want to keep all of those spiders (logical), then just remove the whole thing, including the mommy. Or, simply wait for the outcome, and release the spiderlings in the garden/other place.

That's what I will do with this Z. spinimana. I will wait, then when the spiders are ok... Voilà, in my garden - It's an endemic species in Italy, so there's not even ethical issues of all sorts.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
If you don't want to keep all of those spiders (logical), then just remove the whole thing, including the mommy. Or, simply wait for the outcome, and release the spiderlings in the garden/other place.

That's what I will do with this Z. spinimana. I will wait, then when the spiders are ok... Voilà, in my garden - It's an endemic species in Italy, so there's not even ethical issues of all sorts.
Thanks , what I have done before seeing this reply is removed the cocoon and put it in a container I don't think I damaged it in any way so maybe it will hatch then I will release in the garden.

The mom is pretty small the size of a cricket just above the pinhead size so she is the size of a small cricket. I have been adding fruitflies but she doesn't care and will not move beyond the one spot where the cocoon was for 2 days now I hope she is not stressed beyond measure I threw a fruit fly into her very limited string web where she is and she basically swated at it then it fell some other fruitflies went by her and she didn't give attention. Before I caught her in the shed I gave her a small cricket and she was bringing it into her hide but she doesn't care about fruitflies. I'm thinking of getting crickets.