zoom zoom...JUMP

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I was transferring my Versicolor into it's enclosure because I had it in a temp enclosure overnight since I had glued a water dish in place (which didn't even work so I just put it on the ground). I took the branch I had in the temp enclosure out and it startled my T a little bit but he remained in the enclosure once I tilted the enclosure onto the other enclosure and nudged his butt a little he went flying lol He jumped onto the other enclosure and then zoomed off he didn't want to go in though. Nope never wants to go IN! He remained on the outside and just had those bursts of speed, ya know what I'm talking about I'm sure. I'm surprised he didn't jump on me! I coaxed him into the enclosure, though he really didn't want to. Sometimes I wonder if he ever just wants to stretch his legs and run around. lol So now he has a small water dish and is back in his webbed up home. =) Nice little adventure. He never used to want to be out before. I guess he's getting braver as he grows huh? Or maybe he's just more skittish? I don't know...So far I have not gotten poop shot at me so I am thankful of that. haha

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
did you use hot glue?? IME hot glue isnt worth a DAMN lol. at least not on glass... maybe acrylic if you scratch it up a bit so it gets into the grooves too.. I would suggest silicone for future attempts. Aside from that, your versi sounds like mine (my diversipes sling too for that matter) they love scurrying out of their homes and HATE going back in. the really can turn on the jets huh.. the only time they are slow is when they are on my hand . i swear they WANT to be held sometimes lol.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
It wasn't even glass. lol It was plastic! It was a plastic water bottle cap (that had ridges) hot glued to a plastic container. I think it came off because the type of plastic the enclosure is made out of.. I don't know though. I got it from the container store a while ago. I pushed down on the dang thing a tiny bit to see if it would be safe and it popped off. So it's just on the ground now. Which is fine I guess. I just thought it would be more convenient for an arboreal species to have it's water supply where it lays, ya know? I am going to buy some silicone, what type would you recommend? I know I'll be using it more than just once for T enclosures.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
any "food grade" silicone is good.. just let it air out. Look around in the terrarium/viv forums.. plenty of advice and opinions. i just got DAP brand from home depot.. it says Alex Ultra 230 on the side. im using it for a backdrop. Hope its ok

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
I don't think there was enough hot glue on the bottle cap if you were able to knock it off with a little bit of pressure, that being said hot glue isn't the most waterproof adhesive in the world and I find the plastic plant snippets I hot glue on the insides of my arboreal enclosures will loosen after awhile if I accidently get it wet. So if you were to use it to hold your water dish in place it may eventually come crashing down anyways and your better with the silicon like gray suggested.

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
zoom zoom.... JUMP Describes my 2.5" versi very well

Its funny how I knew this thread was about a versicolor before I clicked on it. Out of all ten of my cool Ts im pretty sure my versi would be the hardest to get rid of. S/he has loads of personality and hits her prey like a big truck with no brakes. Tied with my 6in G. pulchripes adult female and my 2.5" G. pulchra my versi places on the list of last to go if I ever have to thin out my collection.

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Haha just like my name but anyways i think most versi like to go fast or dart lol