zombie spider....

sydward

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, so my togo baboon was found this morning on the floor of the cage in almost a full death curl, i poked her legs and she is really soft. so i pulled her out and put some droplets of water on her mouth and they disappeared...she isnt moving and some of her joints are a little flat lookinf but still squishy. i put her in an icu just in case she isnt dead. on her back she is laying flat. do you think she is able to be revived? i also dont notice any of her mouth parts moving, but since i have put water on her mouth i can now move a fang.

---------- Post added 07-07-2012 at 12:05 PM ----------

ok, so i put a few more drops on her mouth and they quickly absorb. is she drinking? any one have any idea?

---------- Post added 07-07-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

i guess no one has anything to say...?

Ivymike1973

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Continue as you are doing and hope for the best. It is really all you can do.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
I lost a P. regalis juvie to something similar, right after a molt. I never had the opportunity to try ICU, so hopefully it works out for you.

Legion09

Arachnoknight
I've read on these boards that if the water disappears then it is drinking the water. If it doesn't, then they aren't drinking it at all. Common recommendations would be to keep it in an ICU, give it water (can't recall how often or how much...have to search for that) and generally leave it in a nice, quiet, dark location to recover.

From my readings here, it sounds like dehydration. For whatever reason, wasn't fully hydrated when molting and lost a lot during molt. (just my own opinion based on my own research and readings here)

Hope it pulls through for you!