Zoidberg (P. imperator) Has Risen after 7 Months!

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I often see people concerned that their animals are hiding, or that they haven't been seen in a week or so. Well, I just saw my P. imperator for the first time since September of 2021!!

Food had been disappearing, but I hadn't seen any other evidence of life. And then 2 months ago the food stopped being eaten. I was concerned, but I knew better than to dig him up, and resigned myself to waiting. Last night I offered food again and caught him sneaking out to take the roach! Just wanted to offer this anecdote to soothe the worries of other keepers who haven't seen their animals in a while and are starting to get nervous.

Last edited:

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Wow. Thats a long time. Congrats on the reemergence. A bit larger i am guessing.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Wow. Thats a long time. Congrats on the reemergence. A bit larger i am guessing.
It is!! I was truly beginning to worry, but had decided to follow the advice of "wait until the enclosure smells". Strangely, he doesn't seem to have molted! But I didn't get a great look at him, just his claws/chelicerae

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
:Dso it just teased you with just a glimpse after making you wait for so long joking aside gladyou got peace of mind now and its doing well