Zebra Jumping Spider not Jumping?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I have a WC Zebra jumping spider that was in some rocks that I collected. Since it is a species I wanted to keep (I had some before) I made up a little deli cup for it. I did put in a fly and it has not caught out for a couple of days. I decided I wanted to add it to my bigger terrarium that has some small fauna such as mtes that I am not too keen on. I noticed that she only seems to crawl and not jump. She does make webs. (little home hammock and occasional tethers) but never jumps.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I also want to add she has basically the same care as my other jumping spider, Oscar that is thriving.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is it a female or male? If it's a mature male it may be less likely to settle down because he's searching for a mate. If you put something rough that it can attach webbing to in the enclosure it may choose that as the webbing spot.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Is it a female or male? If it's a mature male it may be less likely to settle down because he's searching for a mate. If you put something rough that it can attach webbing to in the enclosure it may choose that as the webbing spot.
It did make a webbing spot...at the lid so I had to wreck it when I opened it. Do Mature males stop jumping? It also had a web spot on the rock that I was collecting. Btw, all of it's legs seem fine and I do not see any other damage.

I can not tell its gender tbh. I do not think it has particularly large pedipalps and it is a pretty small spider.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Post pics
I do not have any good pics but I have this vid. (The deli cup She/He was in was one of those milkier ones.) I did add him/her to the terrarium. There are isopods and some sort of small brown mites. I do not see any mites on any of the isopods .

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It did make a webbing spot...at the lid so I had to wreck it when I opened it. Do Mature males stop jumping? It also had a web spot on the rock that I was collecting. Btw, all of it's legs seem fine and I do not see any other damage.

I can not tell its gender tbh. I do not think it has particularly large pedipalps and it is a pretty small spider.
I'm so sorry, I totally misread your first post (was trying to multitask). Some genera are less "jumpy" than others, so that could be a case here. I wouldn't say that not jumping is a bad thing, it could just be it isn't needing to because it's not hungry and having to jump after food, or not feeling threatened and needing to jump away. I'm not sure it'll feed on the mites, but some of the other microfauna in there could be snacked on.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I'm so sorry, I totally misread your first post (was trying to multitask). Some genera are less "jumpy" than others, so that could be a case here. I wouldn't say that not jumping is a bad thing, it could just be it isn't needing to because it's not hungry and having to jump after food, or not feeling threatened and needing to jump away. I'm not sure it'll feed on the mites, but some of the other microfauna in there could be snacked on.
I have never fed jumping spiders mites but I found some sites that say they do eat spider mites and clover mites (Not the kind I have but similar size). It is odd because I never had one that did not jump. I will keep an eye on it. A little hard in the bigger enclosure but there is nothing much I can do.

InvertebrateGuild

Arachnopeon
I'm keeping a WC juvenile that appears to be a zebra, but is clearly not when compared to my CB zebra. I believe mine may be some kind of ground-dwelling jumper, as he too jumps little, and spends tons of time on the substrate as compared to my others. Perhaps you have a similar situation.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I'm keeping a WC juvenile that appears to be a zebra, but is clearly not when compared to my CB zebra. I believe mine may be some kind of ground-dwelling jumper, as he too jumps little, and spends tons of time on the substrate as compared to my others. Perhaps you have a similar situation.
I did find it in a rock I brought home. It did make a house high up though. I see it is still alive and hunts around. There are some small flies that it catches. (I put occasional fruit in there for the crickets that attracts them)