Your opinion: A.avic or A.paysoni

WHICH DO T SHOULD I GET ( FEEL FREE TO COMENT ALSO)

• AVICULARIA AVICULARIA

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • APHONOPELMA PAYSONI

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
Ok i am new to this site ( see my intro post http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?101718-Introduce-Yourself/page288) and i have 2 tarantulas on hold at a local pet shop, a Avicularia avicularia and a Aphonopelma paysoni, both are assumed females but if one turnes out to be a male il pick the other one assuming it is female and there are no other tarantulas i like there. I know more than enough about how to care for each species. What i need now is the opinions of other people prefer specificaly which has better temperment and personality ect.... thanks

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Ok i am new to this site ( see my intro post http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?101718-Introduce-Yourself/page288) and i have 2 tarantulas on hold at a local pet shop, a Avicularia avicularia and a Aphonopelma paysoni, both are assumed females but if one turnes out to be a male il pick the other one assuming it is female and there are no other tarantulas i like there. I know more than enough about how to care for each species. What i need now is the opinions of other people prefer specificaly which has better temperment and personality ect.... thanks
Just get them both lol your going to get them one way or anouther

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Avic's are always pretty docile, it varies from spider to spider but they are generally well mannered, though a bit flighty.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
who presumes they are female? The lps? Do they charge a premium for "assumed" females? I bet they do;)

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
Actualy they charge same for both genders the lps i go to i trust though i can never be too sure so il do some examining before buying, but i need real opinions of what everone hear likes, it will be my decision when it comes but i want to hear other people's experiences and opinions. Votes on the poll are appreciated 2

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here's the deal:

Did you research both already? Care requirements of those two differ GREATLY from each other...

However, just get what you like...easy as that.

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
Yes i have know-how on the differnent care for each species, trust me i have had care books for them but no spiders for around 10 years so i have more than enough smarts to care for them, any one else

k2power

Arachnoknight
Get the Aphonopelma. You will see many more Avicularias in the future. they also don't die as easily as the Avics. I won't get pet store avics any more due to frequent deaths. Aphonopelmas are tanks....kind of. they live far longer too.

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
K2power: actually as delicate as they are live heard that avics liv relatively long and the one i would buy is a captive bred juvinile so it would be more hardy then most store's WCs

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would get the paysoni. I like the colors on it more than the the A. avicularia. I also don't always see A. paysoni available all the time, compared to the avicularia.

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
God! im still torn, whats their behavior ( not related to aggression ) in there habitats, any cool stories about them, share please i cant wait

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
ALso, what are your all's experiences with Aphonopelma paysoni, when i handled the one at the store it seemed about 75% docile and never flicked but i could be wrong

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
last day of poll, more vote needed if possible im freakin eccited for the T i pik

TZach

Arachnosquire
get both, avics are the most docile arboreals there are. so if i was in your shoes, i would get both just for the love of their pink toes.

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
As much as i want to, getting both isnt a option, if i would i could but since i live with a extreem arachnophobe i cant.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
I selected A. paysoni... because I havnt even heard of that sp. before and i figured since i havnt, how would it compare to the "COMMON" pink toe ahaa lol

Guess ill do some research!

Kysnakeguy

Arachnopeon
Its basicaly a form of the Aphonopelma chalcodies or a desert blonde tarantual, the species i think is from the vacinity of payson arizona. How are the activity levels in cage, which is more active? this poll runs for about one more hour if you havent voted nows the time

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Get the Paysoni. They live much longer, aren't nearly as common, and have a little more value. Plus I prefer terrestrials or arboreals.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Get the Aphonopelma paysoni! I love the Aphonos and can't recommend them enough! They're great tarantulas. :)