Your most tolerant T

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
My most uncooperative rehouse was my juvenile male Dolichothele diamantinensis. He ran in frantic circles around the rehousing bin, and it was a good 10 minutes before I got him far enough into his new home to put the lid on without risk of crushing him. Now that he is a mature male, it should be interesting packing him to send him off to a female.
Just tell him where he's going and I think he'll climb right in the container for you.

Psst, don't mention he might get eaten though. That should be a surprise.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Most tolerant for me goes to Avicularia avicularia. She just kinda sits there when i do anything. She's back to the point of never leaving her little hide-out, though, so thats annoying. Wont know exactly how big she is until she gets up on the glass for me. I even squirted her with water trying to get some onto her web. She just slowly turned around and drank the droplets she could reach. Blows my mind.
Least tolerant: have you guys gotten tired of me talking about my C. cyaneopubescens who ran around the edge of his enclosure and threat posed at me because of a mealworm yet? His leg did grow back, though, so thats nice.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I don't have a very big collection, but none of mine give me any trouble about cleaning up. If I had to pick, my Euathlus sp. red is probably the easiest. When I set up a new enclosure for her, she just walked casually over from the old one to the new, no prompting necessary. The least tolerant is my juvenile G. pulchripes. If I so much as look at him the wrong way, he slips under his hide. But it's not a bad thing; it just makes cleanup easier since he's out of the way. I haven't had to rebouse him yet, but when I do, I have a feeling he's going to hold onto that hide like his life depends on it.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Lasiodora klugi. It just sits there when I take the lid off, put in new water, get boluses out, etc. Most of the others run into their hides when there's any sort of activity. Most of them are still slings, so this behavior may change as they mature.
My fiancée won’t believe me, but my L. klugi’s are definitely my most tolerant Ts when it comes to cage maintenance. Okay, most of the time. My MF can throw up a threat pose sometimes (and my juvie male likes to attack water I’m pouring into the water dish), but most of the time she just sits there. So many others require me to be very gentle when I do cage maintenance, other wise they will go bolting for a hide.

(I say that my fiancée won’t believe me because Wanda has gained a reputation, from those rare times she isn’t tolerant, of being... assertive? Bold? During cage maintenance. Attacking the water. Putting up threat poses. Honestly these are pretty rare. Just today I cleaned her water dish and she came out of her hide to see what I was doing but never gave me any problems)

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
-Most tolerant-lately has been our Avicularia- as has been retreating to its hide

-Least tolerant- one of our G rosea- threat posture and climbs enclosure

However having typed this, all the tarantulas in the house do seem to take turns at being "the temperamental one":rolleyes:perhaps to keep me on me on my toes

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My A. chalcodes female has become ridiculously tolerant after her most recent molt. She's been an adult female since I got her, but always slightly skittish. Although, she's calmed down with this last molt and I know for a fact that I could handle her if need be. My B. albopilosum specimens are all very tolerant as well.

Note that G. rosea or G. porteri, the "Rose Hair" tarantulas, are not always docile. A female of mine is one of the nastiest specimens I own.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
All three of my E. Sp. red, all five of my E. Sp. yellow, G. pulchripes, and my B. albopilosum (hobby) are probably the most tolerant, they go to the opposite end of where I am doing maintenance. (although in the cases of my Sp. red adults and Sp. yellow slings, the lid comes off, the start wandering out)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Most laid back is my Grammostola pulchra. She just doesn't seemed bothered about me. Next would be my Brachypelma hamorii.

Non of my T's have been defensive once settled but my most skittish T is definitely my Cyriopagopus hati hati. Closely followed by my Poecilotheria subfusca lowland.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
My LP has such a skittish attitude that she tried to fashion a scary face so I'll be afraid to sneak up on her from behind. Not too bad a job considering she didn't have a mirror to use, I guess.

m_IMG_6345crop.jpg