Your experiences with Mesobuthus martensii? Telling age and sex

GhostMouse

Arachnopeon
I'm really enjoying Gobi, my little M martensii. Tiny, really cute, fascinating to watch. I am curious about the age and sex though. I've found descriptions of how to tell sex, but no photos or diagrams and I'm hopeless at that sort of thing without a visual guide. And not much about how long they take to grow or how to have a rough idea how old they are. I didn't really mind at first but I find myself a lot more curious about it as time goes on. No molts so far, but I've also only had them like 2 months.

Is my tiny scorpion going to grow more? Are they going to die next year or can I expect a desk companion for another 5 or so? And is Gobi a male or female?

Here is the wee one, who is between 3/4 of an inch and one inch long, body length only as the tail is curled so idk how long that is:

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
No experience with this species. I know they don’t get very big, so possibly adult.

I found a caresheet that explained how to sex, but it’s Dutch. I can translate if you want.
I’ve added pictures of how to sex them from the caresheet (so not my own pictures). The males have more bulbous chelae and narrower abdomen. Pectine teeth counting is also possible in some cases, but there is some overlap.

Attachments