Your Expensive pet shops !

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
All I see are stuff I can’t afford
They have what looks like a 4” curly hair (looks possibly female but very skinny ) and a 2” seemani sling $45 each worth it ?
Everything else is way too expensive. Some are reasonably priced being near adult size but unsexed .
Sorry if it’s too many pics .
IMG_0192.jpeg IMG_0189.jpeg IMG_0187.jpeg IMG_0184.jpeg IMG_0185.jpeg IMG_0179.jpeg IMG_0177.jpeg IMG_0182.jpeg IMG_0186.jpeg

Last edited:

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Wow. Those prices are absolutely crazy. I once saw a local pet shop trying to sell a really rough-looking mature male for over $200. The next week it was gone. Not sure if some unsuspecting person bought it, or if it died of old age.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Wow. Those prices are absolutely crazy. I once saw a local pet shop trying to sell a really rough-looking mature male for over $200. The next week it was gone. Not sure if some unsuspecting person bought it, or if it died of old age.
Yeah it’s tempting to get one of the two under $50 , but there also was a cobalt blue they wanted $160 for. do you think either of the two are worth it? The curly & seemani. Really disappointing. They don’t have more small affordable ones.
Rest of the pictures. IMG_0191.jpeg IMG_0180.jpeg IMG_0176.jpeg IMG_0188.jpeg IMG_0178.jpeg IMG_0192.jpeg

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Those prices just made me 🤢 🤮

The exotic store that I go to for supplies once in a great while charges the same prices for adult T's. Everytime I go in there I'm laughing because it's always the same ones. No one is buying them.

However I can find some slings once in a while at reasonable prices. I've only bought two slings at 1 inch from them years ago and both are females.

I did buy a third one from them recently a B. baumgarteni sling about 5/8 at an average price. Usually I steer clear of T's from that store.

I did get them to start labeling their T's for sale with the scientific name instead of just the common name so there is hope.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I wouldn't pay that for an unsexed adult. I only buy slings anyway, because I enjoy growing them up myself.

drurymercy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
This is what my stores are priced like at least yours puts them in something decent mine upsets me I throw a fit on really bad things like keeping arboreals in an 1.5 tall cup so they change it. But one store doesn’t care😢. At least I can get slings for like $40 but when I order online I’ve only done it from trusted ppl but the slings are like half the size for the same price but more options!

sparticus

Arachnoknight
but the slings are like half the size for the same price but more options!
Tiny slings are my favorite. The smaller the better! 😍 I LOVE raising teeny tiny babies, they're so cute when they're small. I try to get the youngest instar I can find. I have had very good luck with mine, overall they've grown pretty quickly for me and I haven't had many losses at all, I'm assuming because of good genetics from the sellers I buy from.

drurymercy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Tiny slings are my favorite. The smaller the better! 😍 I LOVE raising teeny tiny babies, they're so cute when they're small. I try to get the youngest instar I can find. I have had very good luck with mine, overall they've grown pretty quickly for me and I haven't had many losses at all, I'm assuming because of good genetics from the sellers I buy from.
Hahaha I thought i knew what a sling was but until I got one I fell in love!! Got my first threat posture from a teeny tiny B auratum. And my P victori! Now I’m like u the tinier the better

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Hahaha I thought i knew what a sling was but until I got one I fell in love!! Got my first threat posture from a teeny tiny B auratum. And my P victori! Now I’m like u the tinier the better
I was looking for Ts under 2” but the 2” seemani was larger than that so I was worried the pet shop might have this 2” seemani as a sexed male like 4/5 of my previous purchases.
I wouldn't pay that for an unsexed adult. I only buy slings anyway, because I enjoy growing them up myself.
They claimed stuff was all unsexed lmao..😜

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Am i the only you thought the gbb enclosure was weird?

i am lucky to be able to drive to Tarantula Canada. Otherwise, all the petshops sell tarantulas at a higher price.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Am i the only you thought the gbb enclosure was weird?

i am lucky to be able to drive to Tarantula Canada. Otherwise, all the petshops sell tarantulas at a higher price.
It’s very unusual but they always house them arboreally wish I had bought the last one it was cheaper ….🥲 but $50 for a high chance of male 2” seemani seems pricey no ?

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
I couldnt say. I am in canada. Unsexed 1/2” is 35$. So i guess it can well be that price now.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
I couldnt say. I am in canada. Unsexed 1/2” is 35$. So i guess it can well be that price now.
Ok so it’s reasonably priced I’m just very hesitant to trust this store because I mostly gotten males there , wow you’re so lucky 🍀 you have Tarantula Canada nearby .

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Ok so it’s reasonably priced I’m just very hesitant to trust this store because I mostly gotten males there , wow you’re so lucky 🍀 you have Tarantula Canada nearby .
Then don’t buy there. Order online. You probably have more dealers then i do. And breeders through AB. I can’t order from anyone in the states.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Then don’t buy there. Order online. You probably have more dealers then i do. And breeders through AB. I can’t order from anyone in the states.
I was asking incase the spider got sold quickly but it seems to be a bad deal most people said.$50 for a super common species . And it’s probably a male people say.
Shipping is too expensive and I had only a weeks time window , it was too hot for priority on the cheapest deal I saw . Maybe next year . Any old sites I used now are expensive. I don’t know of any local breeders either to get cheaper stock .

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I was asking incase the spider got sold quickly but it seems to be a bad deal most people said.$50 for a super common species . And it’s probably a male people say.
Shipping is too expensive and I had only a weeks time window , it was too hot for priority on the cheapest deal I saw . Maybe next year . Any old sites I used now are expensive. I don’t know of any local breeders either to get cheaper stock .
The trick for getting your money's worth online is to save up your money and order several spiders at the same time. Also, if you have a friend nearby that keeps tarantulas, sometimes it helps to order together and split the shipping cost. That's what I've done a few times. Unfortunately shipping has really skyrocketed in price recently, just like everything else :(

goofyGoober99

Arachnoknight
Yeesh that's pricey. I don't think any of the pet stores where I live have tarantulas. Probably for the best though. Doesn't seem like most pet shops know what they're doing when it comes to arachnids.

i am lucky to be able to drive to Tarantula Canada.
Lucky duck 😆. Shipping costs get rough going to the other side of the country.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Yeesh that's pricey. I don't think any of the pet stores where I live have tarantulas. Probably for the best though. Doesn't seem like most pet shops know what they're doing when it comes to arachnids.

Lucky duck 😆. Shipping costs get rough going to the other side of the country.
Yeah I wanted the 2” seemani but last one I got there got sick and died and was male . Then again this one could be healthier but never know. I searched online any shops with possible Ts were too far away . Probably best to ..

Last edited: