You know you're a T-aholic when....

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright, so I'm bored as heck at work.. and here I was just thinkin' to myself about all the stuff I have to deal with keeping Ts. Oftentimes I go to extremes. I know I dont have to, but I do it anyways for 'perfection'.

So I figured we can make some funny statements with this. A pairity to 'You might be a redneck if....'. Please, one pairity per post. Let's allow everyone to think of a good one and post it before one or two people post 900000 at a time! There are a lot of them.. I'll lead with an example:

'You know you're a T-aholic when even the pet store workers gasp when you order crickets (or roaches)'

( order 172 crix nearly every week now..)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know your a T-aholic when your LPS employees say "Oh crap you get to deal with them.. I dont want to hear them criticize us again about how we dont really care for our tarantulas.."

I actually had that happen the other day.. {D

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You know your a T-aholic when your LPS employees say "Oh crap you get to deal with them.. I dont want to hear them criticize us again about how we dont really care for our tarantulas.."

I actually had that happen the other day.. {D
Hahaha nice! I had one dude last month(?) try and pitch me a sale of a A. Avic.. she was like $15. This dude (I guess) didn't know me. He was trying to tell me a sack they had in an incubator came from her. She was just a lil' over 2". I was laughing so hard. Finally another employee came over to tell the guy straight (Basically said: This dude asks to see a T, he's going to buy it, or he's going to tell us to do something for it. There's no need to 'pitch' the critter to him). The one that came to my laugh attack rescue is actually pretty knowlegable about the Ts there (It's an Animal Jungle)

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You know what? I think I actually saw that one now that you mention it! I r teh bored though! :(

We can all start communities for Ts that shouldn't be put together and then play CLUE! to decipher the murders?!?! (that was a joke :p)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Hmmm the ladies at my lps where I buy feeders call me the crazy spider girl. Although they say it nicely, they are actually quite fascinated and often ask me to bring in molts and pics etc.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You don't need my permission...

My opinion though, is that if you have something valuable to add, or an update to the thread, there's every reason to bring it back.

Something of this nature...eh, doesn't really matter. Better than resurrecting a thread about their spider molting in a weird position that was from 6 years ago to tell the person that it should be fine.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know you're a T-aholic when your parent(s) are trying to convince you that you're starting to become a hoarder(true story). {D

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I have replied to a similar thread :confused: Aside from Joe's link

Anyway, you're addicted when you go to the plastic container aisle and imagine filling all of them with T's. :}:}

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You know your a T-aholic when

You are at your lps getting your bi-weekly load of feeders and they hand you the phone after saying "let me put you on with our T expert".Yes this happened to me just this week.:D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i originally posted this on the other thread from 07 but it seemed to have died out. so i will repost here.

You know your addicted to the hobby when you're filling out a form that requires someones name and you capitalize their first name but not their last name. i find myself doing this all the time at work, when i fill out a sales receipt or something and i put Barb jennings (just a name i made up) or Bill stevenson. lol