Yet Another Emp...

Arri

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd sign up and say Hi seeing as I've learnt so much from this forum!

We'll after a couple of months of reasearch and finding everything out I could about Scorpions, I've finally taken the plunge and bought a nice new Emp...

I'm fairly chuffed at the moment... I quickly glanced over at my viv to see a white object floting in his hideout cave. After closer inspection I noticed it was a lovely juicy cricket in the claws of my scorpion. I've had him for a couple of days and he hasn't once came out of his hideout. I was worried he was dead at first, but after seeing him with the cricket, it seems his settling in just fine, hence the reason I'm cuffed :)

Anyway, obviously I can't be specific, but just wanted to say a big thanks to the owners and members of this forum. It really is a GREAT resources for someone looking into keeping spiders/scorions etc. Hope it stays around a long time!

One quick question. I'm finding myself CONSTANTLY looking at my temp/hygrometer. I've read somewhere that as long as the substrate is damp (not soaking wet) which it always is, constantly monitoring the humididty is not THAT important. Is this true?

Many Thanks guys,

Martin

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
kinda refreshing having someone research emps and scorps this well before their first purchase, saves all those emp threads from appearing every 5 secs no offense to people that did it, I know I did ;)
Yeah, if its nice and damp(not pooling) take the guage out and throw it away ;)
I was just like that now non of my tanks have them after I get 1 reading then i know how to keep the sub.

Yeah, as you should know emps are pet holes. So don't be worried of you barely see them.

Arri

Arachnopeon
Right O, Thought so. Guess I can stop being an over-protective parent now =)

Yeh, I mean, I've wanted something a little exotic for years, but the past six months i've been interested in scorpions (Must be something to do with my star sign... Scorpio) so the reasearch kinda came natural, but I'm glad I looked around websites etc. before I bought him/her, otherwise I have the feeling I'd be s****ng myself right now :)

He seems happy enough! Probably just settling in :cool:

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, forgot to welcome you to the boards ;)
So, welcome to arachnoboards :)!!
Yeah, I'm a freak when it come to worrying so don't feel bad :)

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Yes, you sound like you have everything under control. I applaud you for researching BEFORE you got it. I didnt do that, and lost my first Emp to a combination of too little humidity, too little substrate, and too much heat/bad heat mat placement (under the tank! A BIG no-no). Hope you have fun, and your Emp lives out its full natural lifespan (no accidents!).

Last edited: