Yellow Sac Spider?

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
A fairly simple small arboreal setup should suffice, with a small dish, or water dribbled down the side of the enclosure for hydration. Could it have been a MM perhaps Tigrosa?

Tigrosa

Arachnosquire
That's basically how I kept it. It was a female, I'm fairly certain.

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
I've had the same thing happen on occasion with local WC spiders, I just chalk it up to stress.

Zukicat

Arachnopeon
I've read that nectar is actually pretty important to these spiders, and they'll spend considerable time looking for it.

There was a study that came to the conclusion that yellow sac spiders are healthier overall when given nectar, they become more fecund as well.

This may actually increase their lifespan, and help them resist mycosis. Plus they possibly need the sugar.

That's something i havent thought of.. adding sugar to water for my jumpers. I do know some jumpers will actually bite at leaves and soft fruit to get a drink.

for active species like sac spiders and salticids, this may be the reason they die so soon in captivity.
Just tonight I found one feeding on an orange slice left on my table. It sat there for a while. I often find these little in my home, but never before saw one clearly taking in fruit juice. I did some research and found info on the same study that mentions nectar being so important to these spiders. Fascinating creatures.

Zukicat

Arachnopeon
I've read that nectar is actually pretty important to these spiders, and they'll spend considerable time looking for it.

There was a study that came to the conclusion that yellow sac spiders are healthier overall when given nectar, they become more fecund as well.

This may actually increase their lifespan, and help them resist mycosis. Plus they possibly need the sugar.

That's something i havent thought of.. adding sugar to water for my jumpers. I do know some jumpers will actually bite at leaves and soft fruit to get a drink.

for active species like sac spiders and salticids, this may be the reason they die so soon in captivity.
Just tonight I found a yellow sac spider feeding on an orange slice left on my table. It sat there for a while. I often find these little in my home, but never before saw one clearly taking in fruit juice. I did some research and found info on the same study that mentions nectar being important to these spiders. Fascinating creatures.