WT<edit> is she doing?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WT<edit> is she doing? I went into my restroom and happen to glance in at Rose doing this?

Is she cleaning?
She has her back arched funny and is scratching at what i assumed was her pectines or she is cleaning around them.
Only using the right 4 legs, wen blown on lightly she immediately retreats to her and Cyris's hide.

Here are some stills and a link to my vid on myspace, youtube uploading is down right now.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18902622
The VID ^^^^

Sorry my digital camera doesn't like IR light ;) so much for a 10.1 MP cam
That last 10 secs or so she furiously go es at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I turned the IR light on to check on them before I went to bed, otherwise the timer had it off.
Oh, shes an adult P.imp forgot to mention that or so i think, she is larger than Cyris.

I hope she isn't going to molt I have not seen that before plus Cyris is in the cage, however there are 4 hides in there too.

Last edited:

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah mate she's just cleaning up shop. Insects and arachnids are fastidious cleaners.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good, I keep seeing them both in acqward positions at random times and I keep thinking they have gotten into a fight and one of them dying.

Man, I worry to much.
But then again for acrachnids I spoil them.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok... what's up?

Now she is eating all the food.
Since she stays in the front of the hide she ambushes all the crix, just caught two in a row!

Then I can tell Cyris wants some but then she does the warning shake for about 5-10 seconds then stops!!

Is she going to starve my male to death?

I can't separate them in the tank because they always use the same freaking hide.

Also, I don't have a tank ready to do so.

How will I know that Cyris is feeding?

What can I do to fix this issue?

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, you should probably have 3 prey items per scorpion, especially since the crickets likely aren't very big considering how much an emporer can eat.

And thank god someone edited out the letter f, it really offended me.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And thank god someone edited out the letter f, it really offended me.
Wow, I hope your joking.

Well, I put in around 1-3 4 days a week but If she is hogging the front of the hide it really doesn't matter how many I put in there.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
kk, its just I haven't had a pet in quite some time after my Rose tipped toe T died had he/she for like 4 years