Will tarantula die if i spray bug spray on the corner of room

IATEASPIDER

Arachnopeon
So i spray some bug spray on the up corner of the room to kill some roaches.And i forgot my Ts were in that room.I sprayed it far from the ts but im still worried about my ts

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
If it is something like an aersol, or prone to getting into the air, then it could be a problem. We had our house sprayed for bugs, and I told the guy just to stay out of my room and we have had no issues.

jc55

Arachnoknight
Already done that

The room was wide open.What i mean was really wide open on 2 side so the ventilation was very good.I moved my Ts after i realized my stupidity
Well hopefully the direction of air flow was not in the direction of your tarantula enclosure but either way only time will tell and i hope it works out well for you.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
It’s possible, only time will tell now as your asking after it has been done.

I would keep them out of the room for a few days.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No one can say for sure other than you, you’re just going to have to wait and watch for symptoms.
I think likely it will be fine but it’s possible it will not be as well.

IATEASPIDER

Arachnopeon
well i sprayed the bug spray like in the gap between wall.It didnt spread but im still worried
and it was just a normal bug spray the smell didnt reach the Ts but still worried.I immediately evacuated them

btw what are the symptoms

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
Uncoordinated movements, death curling… how the heck did you forget your T’s were in there? :rofl: Just keep them out the room for a few days and wait it out. Hopefully they’ll be ok.

goonius

Arachnoknight
Sprays don’t work well to eradicate roaches anyway. You need to know what species of roach you’re dealing with, first. Generally, a bait (even something as basic as a homemade Borax-based bait) is far more effective. And more importantly it won’t hurt your tarantulas or other beneficial insects.

Basically, there are far more reasons NOT to ever ‘spray’ for bugs ever again. There are much better and healthier solutions for you and all living things.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
well i sprayed the bug spray like in the gap between wall.It didnt spread but im still worried
and it was just a normal bug spray the smell didnt reach the Ts but still worried.I immediately evacuated them

What exactly are you spraying for? Like what insects?

If you are going to keep invertebrates pesticide is a huge no no.

Instead use glue traps like I do.

You do know that pesticide sprays do not just stay in the area you spray? That poison travels.

IATEASPIDER

Arachnopeon
I didn't spray the bug spray like in the air.I was trying to kill a roaches under my sofa on the corner of the room.It was a living room and it was wide open.The tarantula were far away.Im just worried they can show like dks symptom etc.My tarantulas are juvenille so they molt more frequently than adults so if they molted(assuming they got poisoned) will they be okay?

IATEASPIDER

Arachnopeon
So update.It has been a few days since the incident happens.They have been eating a lot of food lately.I think they'll be fine.Like 2 crickets a week