why my lp sling so small

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
slings are small I’m not sure what your asking.
It looks fat that’s why it’s probably not hungry..sitting on the wall is normal.
What size is it? Seems like a big container.

AllenjacobNones

Arachnopeon
its so small its not even a centimeter, like more than a half centimeter

i dont have money to buy cork or any moss, any recommendations for other substitute? i put a random wood and it molded a litle after a day, so i removed it

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
You can cut hides from pieces of plastic like cups, bottles and even conduit; scissors, snips or a hacksaw should make quick work of it.

In case you haven't seen this yet:

FatBadBay

Arachnosquire
Why buy a t if you don't have the funds to purchase things it will need? What are you using as food for it?

AllenjacobNones

Arachnopeon
oh i have funds for food, i bought lats nymphs, just dont have the enought money to buy cork bark in our country since its too expensive, and im new to this keeping

FatBadBay

Arachnosquire
You can try using leaves. If you use anything from outside, boil it and bake it to kill of any of the bad stuff. I have a sling that's .25" so I broke up some leaves for it's hide. 20240625_102718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
smaller cup, drier substratre....with a smaller cup, a hide isnt needed as it will adopt the whole cup as its hide.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
smaller cup, drier substratre....with a smaller cup, a hide isnt needed as it will adopt the whole cup as its hide.
That is what i was going to say. Except i still give a small hide that looks like yours. And you can get small crickets. Crickets that are smaller then your tarantula. And cut up mealworms too.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
its so small its not even a centimeter, like more than a half centimeter

i dont have money to buy cork or any moss, any recommendations for other substitute? i put a random wood and it molded a litle after a day, so i removed it
I would use a bottle cap, maybe cut it in half and make sure there's no sharp edges

AllenjacobNones

Arachnopeon
They look More appropriately sized. I just give mine a little moss . Not that it’s necessary. Just as said above in post 3 they look kinda bland . But you don’t want too much clutter either so prey hides.
i prekill the prey, because in some article its daid that they scavenge for food as slings