Why is my scorpion out during the day?

Spinnerets69

Arachnopeon
I have mixture of coco husk and substrate specifically made for scorpions and tarantulas, I put two half log hides inside each side of the enclosure. Mist the Terrarium once a day. But the last few days my scorpion has been very active during the daytime hours. It’s not to hot since (i think) since I keep the enclosure at 75F during the day. And colder during the night. Is it normal for scorpions to be active during the day?

ebld

Arachnopeon
Just a side note, misting is a waste of time if you use it for moisture. It evaprates very quickly and doesn't do anything for the overall moisture.
I mist lightly about twice a week on average, just to keep my live plants happy. Don't mist on the scorpion if you mist live plants.
Live plants help for moisture and the water dish too. Of curse the sufficiently moist substrate is the key.
I don't know fo you have live plants, and what your hygrometer says about the humidity of your enclosure.

I don't have an answer to your question about the scorp being out during the day. Is it hanging out on a rock/hill/log? If it is, it might be looking for warmth. What is the temperaturein the enclosure?

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
It's probably just out doing scorpion-tasks as scorpions are apt to do. Depending on your type of scorpion, their age, and their environment, there are many reasons why they might be doing the walkabout. My family keeps both tropical and desert scorpions, and these are the main reasons why I've seen them out:
1. Mature male seeking future spouse.
2. Growing scorp seeking different shelter. Some of our fellows like to scoot to a new piece of cork or make a new burrow right before molting or right after.
3. Seeking food or more water, or a warmer/cooler place.

There's currently a V. confusus on my desk who stares at me while I'm on my laptop. That one may be a Russian spy.
Just kidding.
My fingers drumming on the keyboard causes him to be curious and exit his hide to take a peek. Changes in scorp environments, especially with odd vibrations can cause them to come out and investigate.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
If it's new, it will Scout the enclosure. For better hides or ways to escape.
This can also come a little delayed when it decides to hide to first few days until everything seems safe, he seeks for ways to escape. Will give up in a few weeks and settle down somewhere, if not, something is probably off.

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
Depends on the species, size, how often its fed, how safe it feels, etc. Some individuals wont do exactly what you think they should just like people.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have mixture of coco husk and substrate specifically made for scorpions and tarantulas, I put two half log hides inside each side of the enclosure. Mist the Terrarium once a day. But the last few days my scorpion has been very active during the daytime hours. It’s not to hot since (i think) since I keep the enclosure at 75F during the day. And colder during the night. Is it normal for scorpions to be active during the day?
I have some that are out almost 24 / 7 even though they have hides and such. Works for me it's nice to see them.