Whip Scorpion - Tanzanian Giant Tailless

Juce

Arachnopeon
This is the first kind of arachnid I've had as a pet. I think it's a male, and I was wanting to know if it would be alright for me to feed it wild grasshoppers.

I would rather not buy them in the store because it is so far away.

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since here in China they also don't sell anything except mealworms I have no choice, but you can buy hundreds of crickets one time and just breed them at your house. If you must, make sure that they aren't exposed to insecticides or your pet will perish. What about the winter? You could try breeding the grasshoppers, crickets, or cockroaches that you find in your area.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you can get them from an area with no pesticides etc.(really hard nowadays!) and are willing to risk parasites then go ahead. But personally I think crickets(even black field crickets) would be better.

Juce

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys. I think I'll stick to the store bought ones. I don't want to risk my $50 pet's life.

I don't think i could breed them since I'm living in the school's dorm.

Thanks again.

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I think I'll stick to the store bought ones. I don't want to risk my $50 pet's life.

I don't think i could breed them since I'm living in the school's dorm.

Thanks again.
If you can keep a pet then you can breed crickets and mealworms. It's ridiculously easy.. :wall: