Where do I buy peat moss/vermiculite?

Kraine

Arachnosquire
I called the vendor that I got my G. pulchra from, Eight Legs Plus, and they suggested a 50/50 mix of peat moss and vermiculite for substrate. I've found hardware stores with garden vermiculite, but I can't distinguish the peat moss on any sites. Is sphagnum moss the same thing? It seems a little puffy for a tarantula. Where do I get the correct type of peat moss?

Vermiculite I found: http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/soil-conditioners-smlpk/57554.html

Madratter

Arachnopeon
I use Premier sphagnum peat moss which I get from both Home Depot and Southern States. I don't use vermiculite but I'm sure both have it.

DeathDulyNoted

Arachnopeon
Or just use some shredded coconut husk with a bit of vermiculite; its pretty much interchangeable with peat anyways

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lowes or home depot carry both.

You can also use perilite mixed into peat to help hold moisture as well. its cheaper and just as effective.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sphagnum peat moss=dead moss (usually, may be live, but usually dead (and may not even be sphagnum peat moss, but could be another species of moss).

Peat=peat moss which has decayed and broken down in a peat bog for a looooonnng time. Basically, it's long-term compost derived soley from sphagnum peat.