What type of spider is this? And what should i do with it?

Tarantulacrazy1209

Arachnopeon
I found this tarantula in a neighbor's garage. They wanted me to take it out so i did, and now i want to know what kind it is and what i should do with it. Should i keep it, would that be better for the little guy? Or should i let it be free like it once was. Btw the tarantula is most likely an old world becuase its very agressive with its fangs and attack poses. Its grey and brown, and small so maybe a juv. Thanks guys ;)

20211106_153850.jpg 20211106_152235.jpg

20211106_153850.jpg 20211106_152235.jpg
Poor baby, i just want to do whats best for the little guy :(
Heres another image

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
where you from? Something familiar about it making me think it’s a true spider not tarantula but I can’t think of the species

Gilligan

Arachnosquire
If your from California like your bio says the tarantula or spider wouldn’t be an old world. Defensiveness doesn’t dictate if its an old world, geographic location does.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I found this tarantula in a neighbor's garage. They wanted me to take it out so i did, and now i want to know what kind it is and what i should do with it. Should i keep it, would that be better for the little guy? Or should i let it be free like it once was. Btw the tarantula is most likely an old world becuase its very agressive with its fangs and attack poses. Its grey and brown, and small so maybe a juv. Thanks guys ;)
i suggest you actually understand terms (OW vs NW) before using them, a geography class would help you.

return the animal to its locality.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
And as for what to do with it, set it free. It's a mature male looking for a mate. Let it fulfill its purpose. It's at the end of its lifespan anyway.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

View attachment 403226 View attachment 403228

Heres another image
Let it go.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Tarantulacrazy1209 Don't let the terse or peremptory replies get to you. Many people here can spot a T from an other with their eyes closed in the dead of night and sort of assume everyone is the same.
But on another note, for everyone. Learn to spot wandering males out for romance. It's pretty obvious in nearly all arachnids. They need to be released back into their native environment whenever possible and is safe - for them to simply sustain the natural balance.

CRX

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not trying to be terse or anything, but I just wanna ask what OP thinks "old world" means. If its found in North America it cannot be an old world... and I agree, looks like a Calisoga.

Tarantulacrazy1209

Arachnopeon
@Tarantulacrazy1209 Don't let the terse or peremptory replies get to you. Many people here can spot a T from an other with their eyes closed in the dead of night and sort of assume everyone is the same.
But on another note, for everyone. Learn to spot wandering males out for romance. It's pretty obvious in nearly all arachnids. They need to be released back into their native environment whenever possible and is safe - for them to simply sustain the natural balance.
Lol thanks :)