Weird behaviour

froogy

Arachnopeon
My androctonus sp coming out during the day sometime and sit in the corner of the enclosure instead of inside of the hide. maintain the temp is 86-91f inside his hide using thermostat(I checked the temp with temp gun) and he is sitting the hottest spot where it reach to 94f. I drop the temp to 70-75f in night. I keep him 12"×7"×7" enclosure. I mist once two weeks in his enclosure. does anyone know whats the reason of this behaviour? I was checking on the temp in his enclosure frequently two weeks ago. I thought he would settle down after few week I didnt check up on him but he is still sitting outside of his hide during the day. i keep my other androctonus in same condition as him and they never coming out

Last edited:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
It’s going under the light to get heat, I’d prob switch to a mat but the sp of Androctonus might make a difference

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
My androctonus sp coming out during the day sometime and sit in the corner of the enclosure instead of inside of the hide. maintain the temp is 86-91f inside his hide using thermostat(I checked the temp with temp gun) and he is sitting the hottest spot where it reach to 94f. I drop the temp to 70-75f in night. I keep him 12"×7"×7" enclosure. I mist once two weeks in his enclosure. does anyone know whats the reason of this behaviour? I was checking on the temp in his enclosure frequently two weeks ago. I thought he would settle down after few week I didnt check up on him but he is still sitting outside of his hide during the day. i keep my other androctonus in same condition as him and they never coming out
Place a hide both on the warm and cold end of the terrarium. It prefers the hotter temps in the day. Heat mats are basically worthless. Be sure to have the CHE controlled by a pulse proportional thermostat.