Wanna buy cages in Canada!

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
Helllo,

Does anyone know a good website from Canada that makes cages for Ts? I don't want any links from anywhere else on the globe UNLESS they have the option on their site to ship internationally.

And also, is it a good choice to buy vermiculite in a local store such as RonaDepot and such? Or would it be better to order it online? Cause no local pet store has any of these around here!

Glossworks

Arachnopeon
Adam from tarantulacages.com offers all his cages shipped internationally, and seeing that he's located just across the border (in Seattle), shipping may not be too bad depending on where you're located.

I have used vermiculite from Rona with no issues at all. I don't suppose there's any difference between these and those sold online. I bet if you found a bag at your local pet store, it would be at least double what your local hardware/gardening store retails for.

Hope this helps!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Helllo,

And also, is it a good choice to buy vermiculite in a local store such as RonaDepot and such? Or would it be better to order it online? Cause no local pet store has any of these around here!
I make my own cages or just go to various stores, look for clear containers, decorate them with holes and such. hehe

what do you need vermiculite for? if its for t' cages some t's dont like it because it gets too moist and sticks to their tufts of fur. I reccomend coco fiber, or peatmoss/potting soil.

ThrunThru

Arachnosquire
what do you need vermiculite for? if its for t' cages some t's dont like it because it gets too moist and sticks to their tufts of fur. I reccomend coco fiber, or peatmoss/potting soil.
I want to mix the coco husk with some vermi (about 70/30) cause Im spotting some mushrooms growing on Flora's substrate.

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
Nothing wrong with using vermiculite in aboreal enclosures..the T's rarely use the substrate and is great for water retention to maintain humidity levels.