Viridasius sp.madagascar Parthogenic?

Is viridasius parthogenic?

• Total voters

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Google the following article:
"Notes on the behavior and the pendulous egg-sacs of Viridasius sp. (Araneae: Viridasiidae)" from the Journal of Arachnology (April 2018)

Has a photo of an egg sac, male specimen, female specimen, and male palps.

Also discusses courting, breeding, and egg sac production.

fredwardkroeger

Arachnopeon
Hello, now.. I have very little experiance with spiders. Mostly scorpions is my main interest. But I have curiosity with spiders and decided to grab a couple t's and a true spider. Love em, will probably get more although I handle scorps, handling spiders still freaks me out.. Haha!

Back to the point. So I got viridasius sp.Madagascar.. very cool spider, I got it (not sure of sex) at about 1.5" from TarantulaCanada, it is about 5" now. Pretty large, and lastnight it started webbing jts enclosure like crazy, a ton of web compared to what I see in YouTube care videos and pics on forums. Today I was switching it into a slightly larger more decorated enclosure and noticed it had hung a decently large egg sack from the roof of the enclosure. I tossed it out thinking it was probably just a dead sack waiting to be fertilized or something while I was cleaning the old enclosure out of corks and rocks. I should have grabbed a picture, but I wasnt thinking. It was deffs an egg sack though. About 1.25 -1.5 inch In size, hanging in the left corner closer to the middle of the enclosure kinda hidden by cork and web. And it is a little smaller today weight wise, wondering if the drop in weight was from the sack?

Has anyone had that before with viridasius? Are they parthogenic?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks fellas!
Hi there! I just got my Viridasius from TC. It’s a good inch with leg span, super active and hungry like you described!

I’m curious how fast yours grew?