Vertically oriented P murinus enclosure?

MainMann

Arachnosquire
Hello!
So i currently have my 11cm P murinus housed in a critter keeper that's horizontally oriented, hoping that she'd make a web hide under the piece of wood that i placed inside her enclo. Instead, she made her home on top of the enclo, and this has caused me to constantly destroy her webbing and piss her off everytime i open her enclo for weekly maintenance.

So i was wondering, what if i housed her in a larger, vertically oriented enclosure (as her previous owner did). The enclo would be 23*12*15. Would this be a viable housing option? Pics of the enclo I'd like to use is attached

Thank you in advance! Maman

Attachments

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
That enclosure would do just fine. The only thing I see wrong is how hard it will be for future maintainance. I keep both of mine is medium kritter keepers and they ignore hides and heavily web and make their own tunnels. I'm sure what you have would work nicely but a future rehouse would be a problem. Depending on how temperamental your obt is.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
If Your spider is 11 cm and horizontal surface of intended enclosure is 12 x 15 cm, than it is way too small. Your spider still has some growth to do, but You can already put it in final enclosure. Would think about something close to at least 20 x 30.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
While I always get taller enclosures for my P. murinus since they do have a tendency to web up in addition to burrowing, that won't be suitable for a T of that size with those dimensions for floor space. Something that tall would be fine but you'd want nearly double the width/depth minimum, IMO.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
While I always get taller enclosures for my P. murinus since they do have a tendency to web up in addition to burrowing, that won't be suitable for a T of that size with those dimensions for floor space. Something that tall would be fine but you'd want nearly double the width/depth minimum, IMO.
That enclosure would do just fine. The only thing I see wrong is how hard it will be for future maintainance. I keep both of mine is medium kritter keepers and they ignore hides and heavily web and make their own tunnels. I'm sure what you have would work nicely but a future rehouse would be a problem. Depending on how temperamental your obt is.
If Your spider is 11 cm and horizontal surface of intended enclosure is 12 x 15 cm, than it is way too small. Your spider still has some growth to do, but You can already put it in final enclosure. Would think about something close to at least 20 x 30.
Ah i see, for future maintenance/rehouse, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to handle it, seeing as mine has a very manageable temperament as OW goes, and I'm pretty confident og my own abilities *fingers crossed*

So it seems that the biggest issue would be floor space. But that got me thinking again. What if i placed the enclo sideways. So the 23*15cm side is the bottom of the enclo. That way, the T would get ample floorspace, and since she usually webs on top, i wouldn't have to destroy any webbing for maintenance, would this be viable?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Ah i see, for future maintenance/rehouse, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to handle it, seeing as mine has a very manageable temperament as OW goes, and I'm pretty confident og my own abilities *fingers crossed*

So it seems that the biggest issue would be floor space. But that got me thinking again. What if i placed the enclo sideways. So the 23*15cm side is the bottom of the enclo. That way, the T would get ample floorspace, and since she usually webs on top, i wouldn't have to destroy any webbing for maintenance, would this be viable?
I'd say that'd be a much more viable option, but that'd be a pretty narrow enclosure that you'll have to rehouse out of pretty soon. Probably after her next molt. So I suppose it's up to you - if I were in your shoes, I'd personally go bigger, or even as suggested by @Patherophis just move her into her final setup. She'll be full grown in a few more molts, more or less.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
I'd say that'd be a much more viable option, but that'd be a pretty narrow enclosure that you'll have to rehouse out of pretty soon. Probably after her next molt. So I suppose it's up to you - if I were in your shoes, I'd personally go bigger, or even as suggested by @Patherophis just move her into her final setup. She'll be full grown in a few more molts, more or less.
Ah very well, I'll see what i can do. Finding enclos here (even used ones) are really hard. Either they're new and damn expensive, or they're used and are generally in a beaten up state. And the best kind of clear containers to use are critter keepers or these kinds of food containers. Thanks for the info my dude!