versi molted. She is transparent

cocopuff

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Many of My T's have molted before. So i am less worried now. But i just got home from work and I saw that my a.versicolor just molted (i was expecting it). She was about an inch, maybe less. But all blue like the babies.

My concern now is that she is white-transparent... I can see through her legs, chelicerae. Not her thorax and abdomen at least. They still are blue.

Can it be a too-soon molt? Or is it normal for Avic to molt like this?

Thank you in advance!!

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's normal. Give your T a few days and its exoskeleton will harden up. Then you'll have an elctric blue spider that, IMO, rivals P. metallica. (JMO...not trying to start an new P. met war ;) )

Vanan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Should have taken a pic of the rare Albino T! ;) :p

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Yep normal. Most Avic slings appear to be semi-transparent when freshly molted, with the exception of e.g. A. Purpurea slings which appear to be a glossy black during fresh post-molt.

In fact, most terrestrial T slings also exhibit this glass-like state when they molt into their first few instars...

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry at all, although I would have loved to see a pic of that! When they're that small, you can expect the transparency...it's all part of the process.

Congrats on the molt and if you can take a pic, I'd love to see it!