Updated AFS enclosure

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I finally was able to get some reptile moss, got a big bag of it, and I buried more of the wooden hide so its more low for the scorpion. Lid is covered 60% with plastic wrap for humidity. Anything else to improve upon? Maybe more moss?
IMG_20230511_152021247.jpg

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I finally was able to get some reptile moss, got a big bag of it, and I buried more of the wooden hide so its more low for the scorpion. Lid is covered 60% with plastic wrap for humidity. Anything else to improve upon? Maybe more moss?
View attachment 445096
Everything looks fine to me, just keep a full waterdish. The main thing to be concerned with is the depth of and state of the substrate (100% moist, clumpy not drippy) and the temps. If you have these two items covered there should never be any need to mist again. The substrate (resaturated when necessary by water poured directly into the substrate), moss, and waterdish will be a constant source of proper humidity without any need for recreating a wet rainforest environment and very brief worthlessly short-lived humidity spikes. The deep moist substrate + proper temps will create a greenhouse effect.