Trip to Memphis

mikeandbugs

Arachnopeon
Hi! In January Im going on a trip to Memphis Tennessee, and will also be in Arkansas and Mississippi. While im down there I wanna take a look at the local ecosystem and study a few insects. Are there any recommendations on what insects I should keep an eye out for?

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That time of year there will be very little to see unless there is an unseasonably warm spell.

Sugarpill

Arachnosquire
I have tons! I’m from these areas, but like the poster before me mentioned, it will be almost impossible to find any of them this time of year, maybe a shovel and digging can unveil some burrowers but highly unlikely you’ll see anything out and about unless it’s been super warm. If you go back at a hotter time of year there’s tons of fun stuff to find!

mikeandbugs

Arachnopeon
Hi! In January Im going on a trip to Memphis Tennessee, and will also be in Arkansas and Mississippi. While im down there I wanna take a look at the local ecosystem and study a few insects. Are there any recommendations on what insects I should keep an eye out for?
Update! I ended up finding a long-bodied cellar spider, an indianmeal moth larvae, and a winter gnat. Insignificant sure, but I still think they're cool little creatures.