Tityus obtusus

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have so far been unable to locate a photo of a male Tityus obtusus. Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Why this particular species? I searched in google. but couldn't find anything. :8o

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
carpe... the only way you will ever see one is in a Natural History museum (if they let you in to see it!)

this goes with most tityus and obscure species i believe

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Theres a female in the scorpion files, but no male, the sexual dimorphism shouldn't be too extreme, you should get at least some idea. George mentions museums: if you contact a curator their generally more then willing to provide a picture, though a scientific reason would help grease the wheels.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
also, to add that if you get a pic from a museum curator, it will most likely be dead :s

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
George Carnell said:
also, to add that if you get a pic from a museum curator, it will most likely be dead :s
I'd hope so, 28 million live "bugs" and I'd start getting scared :eek: .

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The dimorphism is about the same as it is in Centruroides, I really love the color of this species. I think someone out there must be keeping them, possibly in Europe. I did see a very small photo of the male once, it was in "The World of Venomous Animals"( ISBN# 0-87666-567-9), on page 77.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm starting to get the faint impression that perhaps noone may have said image.