tiny white thingy

Tang

Arachnopeon
hi,i got a couple of question need to be answer.i'm quite new into keeping T's so theres much more i need to learn.:eek:
Q1.I've been seeing some white tiny dots on the substrate,doesnt move.anyone knows wat is it?
Q2.Theres some tiny little white leaping insect in my other enclosure.it is very tiny,..are they harnful to my 's?
#3.wat is mold????how does it looks like???

as in Q1,izzit humiditty too high?coz it mostly appears when the subs are wet after a few days.(or ventilation?)

thanks

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pics are best for id. Probably mites or something of the like.

Tang

Arachnopeon
Pics are best for id. Probably mites or something of the like.
tried to take pics, but the thing is that they are so tiny that my camera cant even get a clear pic of it....:(

are mites harmful???

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are springtails if they jump. Generally not harmful, but a population explosion could indicate that it is time to clean the enclosure. Let things dry out and clean up food remains, and you should see a dramatic decrease in their numbers.

Tang

Arachnopeon
They are springtails if they jump. Generally not harmful, but a population explosion could indicate that it is time to clean the enclosure. Let things dry out and clean up food remains, and you should see a dramatic decrease in their numbers.
thanks for the info..;) i'll clean it up in the morning...

how bout those that dun jumps???

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That I am not sure of. You could be seeing T feces, dead springtails, or any number of things. Good luck with T keeping!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
springtails are lil decomposers. I used to keep them in my salamander enclosure along with mini worms/wood louce to regulate poop because i never changed their substrate. Also helped i had live plants and moss growing.. lol

but if you're seeing them in your t', like a lot of them you can get rid of them by changing the sustrate, and washing out the container with water...
or take out all the waste. :)

hope that helps.

crysta

Tang

Arachnopeon
alright. ill check and see if its T feces or dead springtails. I'll try to change the subs too..

Thanks all