Tiny red centipedes

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was doing yard work today and when i was moving around some dirt i saw some tiny little red centipedes scurrying around, too fast for me to catch then, but i was wondering if these, maybe about 1" in length and very thin, could go in with its bigger cousins for mite control?

anyone try this yet? im willing to experiment some, and if i can catch enough, i want to put them in all of my tanks, so they can eat the mites and left over cricket meals, at least in the more jungle type enclosures, im looking through pics now, and trying to find the scientific name, ill give more info when i can find it

also my whole yard, under the grass, if full of millipedes, tiny ones though, just slightly bigger than the centipedes ive seen

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your larger pedes will probably kill them, or it might nip a the larger one. I wouldnt recommend it. I have a 2-2.5in specimen that I keep in a deli cup, It eats small pinhead crickets.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not only that they will reproduce like crazy then eat all they can take down.

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aww poop, well, ill just grab a couple for observation, they are cool as hell, just not as big as my other 2, but still fast and neat little guys

thanks for the info guys