Thrive terrarium?

ReleaseTheQuacken

Arachnoknight
Hey so I just went into petsmart and they have this 30x12x12 thrive terrarium, its a kit and looks really nice. The mesh looks spaced out. I.e. not a fine mesh.

Could the enclosure itself be used for a tarantula? 20220304_125341.jpg 20220304_125357.jpg

I feel like there's quite a few posibilities for this.

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
No also.. the T on the front of the packaging is a pink toe. That is a desert setup and not for arboreal species. Bad marketing

ReleaseTheQuacken

Arachnoknight
The enclosure itself would work In theory. The rest of the stuff in the kit I would not use. Heat bulbs, sand etc
Oh I just meant the enclosure itself. Kits are usually not great. I would really just want the enclosure itself.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
That screen top looks like it would be fine, too, since it's got that PVC coating or whatever on it. Should work as long as you don't need to keep the humidity inside very high.

ReleaseTheQuacken

Arachnoknight
That screen top looks like it would be fine, too, since it's got that PVC coating or whatever on it. Should work as long as you don't need to keep the humidity inside very high.
That's what I thought too. Thought that with a nice custom background it'd be perfect. Going to look at larger arid terrestrials. Maybe just use it for my anax when it reaches max size.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Looks unecessarily big and tall, and you wouldn't need most of the stuff that it comes with anyway. There are many other alternatives that are cheaper and more appropriate.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks pretty large- but some people have large setups. Not a fan of screen. I see the pic, still not a fan. I'd rather be safe than sorry.