THORN

sorry about the dogey pic better ones soon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like seashells and stuff :confused: , nice scorp btw

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
U.yaschenkoi ! ... you should be australian to keep this scorpion, no ? :rolleyes:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
eric...
"Kyle de aussie" :)
aussie - australian :)

nice scorp, looks kinda euscorpius like

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup i am a aussie :) :cool: And um about the substrate i was told that this shell grit was the stuff i should keep him on he came in this enclosure with this substrate what do you guys think about this substrate choice ???
Thanx for your replys people :)

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
what do you guys think about this substrate choice ???
I can't really imagine that it will be optimal...Don't suppose it's lithorial...? The salt could be harmful so could be the edges....

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nah its not lithorial its an inland scorp from the desert the shell grit was bought from a shop and then boiled in fresh water apparently so its pretty much saltless.I do have some nice red sand coming very shortly cant wait :) il make up a reall good lookin abode for the little fella :D

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thankyou guys very much for the advice i know a bit about scorpion keeping but i need to learn as much as possible

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Even if the substrate works fine, I would change it. Does not look nice.
That red sand sounds very good! ;)

Menthu_Rae

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey mate,

I also have a U. yasch. - but mine looks very different to yours... You'd want to take him off that shell grit and put him on a more suitable substrate as the Urodacus' like to burrow.

Here are some pics of my setup... If you have any questions or want any tips - add me to MSN... Menthu_Ra_2000@hotmail.com

Cheers.

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow man how cool i really like your setup thats awesome yea i will change his setup asap

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
looks like 2 different species, no?
Maybe the reason they look so different at the moment is because mine is really really young and by the looks of it Menthu_Rae's scorp looks like a mature adult or just maybe they are different sp.

Menthu_Rae

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
Maybe the reason they look so different at the moment is because mine is really really young and by the looks of it Menthu_Rae's scorp looks like a mature adult or just maybe they are different sp.
I'm not too sure eh... Your one looks like it has very different claws - they are more slender and longer - whereas my Scorps claws are very chunky and not very long.

The stinger shape however looks very similar - but the tails seem to differ. Your best bet would be getting onto Yahoo and posting on this site (Australian Scorpion Club) - the owner of the site, Mark - is very experienced with Australian scorps and I am by no means an expert - this scorp was given to me by a friend (after being mistreated for months) - and to me displays very weird behaviour compared to other U. yaschs from what I have discussed with other owners...

I believe mine is fully grown however - as it is quite large compared to when my friend first got him/her - neither he nor I have seen it molt though... :?

Then again I've never seen my scorps catch a cricket and eat it - so who knows? :confused: :D ;P

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This scorp actually came from that guy mark newton he sold 4 to my friend and she gave me one he made the id so its pretty puzzling why they look so different hey :? maybe mine needs to eat more hope he starts ho'in in more soon he is second instar
PEACE OUT