Thelyphonus sp. Thailand sling feeder options?

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
I recently received a very tiny Thelyphonus manilanus sling, but I do not have any pinheads currently as the local pet store which carries pinheads is temporarily out of stock. Can I feed a baby vinegaroon prekilled prey or cricket drumsticks, until I can get some pinheads for the little one? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I'd assume as much atleast with the pre-killed prey or you could try small prey of a similar size like small roaches if your pet store has them.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Maybe fruit flies? I am curious about prekilled so I might try cricket sticks for now and see how that goes. Unfortunately roaches are few and far between in Canada. I'm sure I'll be able to get pinhead crickets soon enough though.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Vinegaroons will take prekilled prey at all stages of life, from immature to adult. I have even seen people who only feed the babies prekill.

All the best to your little one!

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Vinegaroons will take prekilled prey at all stages of life, from immature to adult. I have even seen people who only feed the babies prekill.

All the best to your little one!
Thanks! This is my first vinegaroon so I really wasn't certain about feeding habits and it is so tiny, I figured better safe than sorry. I cannot wait to watch it grow from a small dirt pile to a larger dirt pile. In all honesty, I am super excited to have this sling in my collection.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Thanks! This is my first vinegaroon so I really wasn't certain about feeding habits and it is so tiny, I figured better safe than sorry. I cannot wait to watch it grow from a small dirt pile to a larger dirt pile. In all honesty, I am super excited to have this sling in my collection.
How big is it? Very cool I’ve never had one

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Of course, glad to help!

I'm planning to try keeping this genus soon; I haven't tried Asian ones yet but am really excited to do so.