the mother died and the babies were still on her back...

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, these scorpions died. i must say if this thread had not turned into a knitting circle, begun by my unwillingness to discuss my religious beliefs in an arachnid forum, maybe they we would have gotten more help. So thanks for nothing.
Note to self::evil: notifying a moderator does nothing.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh please, get over yourself. I'm sorry to hear the babies died, but it is not our fault!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that, it seems there just isn't a lot of experience out there dealing with this problem. I've only heard of the moist paper towel method and keeping it humid. I just don't think there was much more advice out there, sorry, I was expecting them to make it.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh please, get over yourself. I'm sorry to hear the babies died, but it is not our fault!
Get over myself???? What!!? You came in and completely threadjacked this emergency thread with completely unrelated information you had included in your own separate threads. You rolled your eyes at me when i did not wish to get into a religious debate and respond to your trolling. You did not cause the scorpions to die, you caused an emergency thread to go completely off topic, with no regard to the animals i was trying to save.:evil: :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know if I am out of my place for suggesting this, but can we all calm down? :?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im sorry that they didnt make it but there wasnt really much you could do. they need mom to stay alive during this period and they seldom survive without her. you had just about all the advice there was to offer but its still only a very small chance of survival

John

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im sorry that they didnt make it but there wasnt really much you could do. they need mom to stay alive during this period and they seldom survive without her. you had just about all the advice there was to offer but its still only a very small chance of survival

John
Agreed. No need to get angry. I had literally the same thing happen to me with an H. Longimanus mommy that died a couple days in to the birthing process and I took the exact same advice/steps provided here and saved 7 out of 10 1st instar scorps (Thanks again to abyss..they are now 2nd instar in a separate container and I'm waiting for them to get hardened enough to eat). I'm told this rate of success was fairly lucky and they could have easily all died. Sorry for your loss, but those are the breaks. I just had an H Spinifer scorp eat all 20 - 30 babies on it's back and I couldn't do anything to stop her, so I sort of know how you feel.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone who has kept more then a handful of scorpions has had many deaths.

Death isn't really a big issue.
Scorpions come and go.
They have many offspring for a reason.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think i need to clarify my anger. i am not angry that the scorplings died, we knew that was the most likely outcome. What i am upset about is the 9 post threadjacking that occurred in an emergency type thread. i am upset about her not following the board policy and staying on topic. It was uncalled for, because the instigator had a problem with my beliefs and seemingly did her hardest to totally distract the thread. If she had no pertinent advice, there was no reason for her to keep posting in this thread.

Pandinus, thank you for you advice, it was much appreciated.:)

lilmoonrabbit

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think i need to clarify my anger. i am not angry that the scorplings died, we knew that was the most likely outcome. What i am upset about is the 9 post threadjacking that occurred in an emergency type thread. i am upset about her not following the board policy and staying on topic. It was uncalled for, because the instigator had a problem with my beliefs and seemingly did her hardest to totally distract the thread. If she had no pertinent advice, there was no reason for her to keep posting in this thread.

Pandinus, thank you for you advice, it was much appreciated.:)
I am sorry about your loss. That really sucks. However, I am not sure how the other posters prevented you from getting the info you were looking for? I am sure if someone else had good information to offer about the situation, that they would have done so, regardless of the "side conversation" that was going on. I am not trying to start stuff, just playing devil's advocate here. I wouldn't want to see this blow up anymore than it already has.

Again, sorry about the babies dying.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think i need to clarify my anger.
You were quite clear. What I mean to say is that your anger was unnecessary. I received the exact same info you did and saved some scorplings (don't worry, I've also lost more than my share..you win some, you lose some).

That info is the same anyone else would have gotten..thread jacking and all. Side conversations happen. It's an easy going forum and I, for one, like it that way. I think it builds a friendlier community of people than a 'just the facts' forum would. You never know, you might like it that way too (when you're not peeved about losing some scoplings).