The breeding of Curly

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's wondering , how do I get away from this crazed female..

Attachments

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Then he bolted, and I put down the camera to help my buddy to escape. :D

He lived to breed another day..

And so it goe's in ," As the web spins "

Ernie

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice!! What would we do without the humble paintbrush...

How big is the female? A friend has a male ready for loan, thoguh I'm unsure if my female is large enough for some palpal-molestation yet

NEMESIS_112

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have been wondering about this paintbrush thing. Is that what all T hobbyist use to prode their T's? Just wondering.
Adrian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
Nice!! What would we do without the humble paintbrush...

How big is the female? A friend has a male ready for loan, thoguh I'm unsure if my female is large enough for some palpal-molestation yet

I think shes about 4- 4.5".. Really can say for sure, I've only seen her once.. :)

Adrian,
A small paintbrush is a safe way to get a T moving along.
A must have..:D

E

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by NEMESIS_112
I have been wondering about this paintbrush thing. Is that what all T hobbyist use to prode their T's? Just wondering.
Adrian
You can use anything, including your hands if you're stupid/brave. The reasons so many use paint brushes are that it's soft and gives, which reduces any chance of you injuring the tarantula accidentally, and also allows their fangs to pass through the bristles if the T bites at it. The combination of those two factors make it irreplaceable.

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
<sigh> wipes away a small tear...my sweet girl is now a woman...

John

PS Ernie.. my female P. scrofa drummed at your male, he drummed back. They almost coupled up but she wouldn't open her chelicerea enough so he scooted out. I have his container above hers and right now they're both drumming. I'll try again a little later.