Thank you to ???

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't remember who posted it, or in which forum, but someone posted something about grinding up their food for roaches/crickets with a blender/coffee grinder. Anyway, I went to Wal-mart and bought a little cheap coffee grinder and ground up some hamster mix (the one with all kinds of seeds and stuff) and some kitten food for my foraging inverts. It works great and produces a nice fine meal for my bugs... who in turn provide a nice fine meal for my T's.

Anyway, whoever you are, thank you.

Botar

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I said that, though it wasn't my idea origionally, I'm glad it worked for you.
Marcus-sparkus

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well then, thank you Marcus-sparkus. It works great. I think the adults would probably do fine without it, but I think the nymphs will find it easier to feed. It is also allowing them to feed on the kernels of corn that had been going uneaten.

Botar

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to try that! The Fluker cricket feed is so spendy.

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes what I do aswell is to get fruits and veggies that crix and small roaches have problems feeding on and whip them up in the coffe grinder for like 10 secs and it turns into a sort of pasty mash. Carrots and potatos are some of the fruits I use.
Marcus-sparkus

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I posted about that once upon a time. I'm not sure if it was my post you are referring to though. I bought a blender at a garage sale and use it to grind up rodent lab chow. I add bird seed into the mix now and then. I then store it in an airtight container for use. It has worked well for me. Fresh veggies round out the cricket buffet for their moisture requirements.