Tarantula Removed Its Leg

SALEMCARWARS

Arachnopeon
Hello I joined because my juvie B.hamorii had removed its leg after a molt. He seems to be happy and he ate and drank. Should I be worried about the leg hole? When will his leg grow back?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Hello I joined because my juvie B.hamorii had removed its leg after a molt. He seems to be happy and he ate and drank. Should I be worried about the leg hole? When will his leg grow back?
You probably should have made your own thread, but if all your spider did was lose a leg he should be fine. They don't need all 8 legs to function properly. The leg will regenerate with the next moult, though not perfectly. In a few moults it should be back to normal.

Taysha

Arachnosquire
I had some bad info removing not to confuse anyone.

Last edited:

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
If the t makes it to the next molt it's leg will regrow. Probably will be smaller than the rest after the next molt and normal the second molt.

Last edited:

SALEMCARWARS

Arachnopeon
If the t makes it to the next molt it's leg will regrow. Probably will be smaller than the rest after the next molt and normal the second molt.

No idea what Taysha is on about.
Ok thanks for the info it's just he lost it shortly after the molt and I thought he was injured so I was a little worried

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Ok thanks for the info it's just he lost it shortly after the molt and I thought he was injured so I was a little worried
I have no idea what your Ts molt cycle is so I really can't say how long it would take especially since you say it just molted. Tarantulas have valves to shut of hemolymph flow to the leg when they drop them so they don't usually bleed out. As long as the valve closed your t should be good. Is there fluid leaking from the wound? To paraphrase or quote a knowledgeable member here " the t cares as much about losing a leg as I care about a bad haircut."

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Should I be worried about the leg hole?
No, they basically have a valve in the trochanter that they can shut to stop them from bleeding out.

When will his leg grow back?
It'll take a couple of moults to fully regenerate, after the first you'll see a new leg but it will be smaller/skinnier/discoloured compared to the others, once it moults again the leg should be good as new.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, the younger the spider, the less moults is required for the leg to fully grow out.