Tarantula molt

BITTYbuggie

Arachnopeon
My bracypelma Emilia molted yesterday and hasn’t moved since. I’ve experienced my other t”s molting and none have taken this long to flip over. She aslo molted in a concerning spot. The molt came off solid and her body looks fine, but she hasn’t moved. Is she dead? Or should I give her more time?

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
It’s hard to tell, but it looks like she’s curled on her side? That doesn’t look good.. have you tried dripping water on her fangs? Is there any reaction?

BITTYbuggie

Arachnopeon
It’s hard to tell, but it looks like she’s curled on her side? That doesn’t look good.. have you tried dripping water on her fangs? Is there any reaction?
I tried dripping water in her fangs and she didn’t respond. Her fangs look to be harder now and there’s a red ish liquid around them…..

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
I tried dripping water in her fangs and she didn’t respond. Her fangs look to be harder now and there’s a red ish liquid around them…..
That is all you can do right now. It looks like the T may be in a death curl though.

TarantulaMan138

Arachnosquire
My bracypelma Emilia molted yesterday and hasn’t moved since. I’ve experienced my other t”s molting and none have taken this long to flip over. She aslo molted in a concerning spot. The molt came off solid and her body looks fine, but she hasn’t moved. Is she dead? Or should I give her more time?
If there were any crickets or food in the enclosure with your tarantula as it melted it's possible that as soon as it came out of its mold the cricket let's say or any kind of food that may have been in there for it may have nipped at it a little bit and caused it to go into death curl as messing with the T. at all even if by smaller feeder insects can be detrimental for them right after a molt before they have hardened.

joossa

Arachnobaron
Since there hasn't been any movement, I would try using a soft paint bush and gently poke her legs to see if there is a reaction. If not, personally, I would move her so her mouth is placed in a water bowl asap.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
So just for your info tarantulas will stretch and contract post most as the new exoskeleton expands so the position alone doesn't necessarily scream total concern , but not being responsive there could have been an internal problem with the molt if it was directly following that