Snagged me a mactans.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi, I was catching L. mactans with snakemaster24 yesterday. We caught three. He caught one in a cup and I just picked two up with my bare hands. Extremely nonagressive little girls. His step-grandparent's 70 acres is FULL of widows and snakes. My native favorites!:)
I was searching all year for just one mactans and was unsuccessful. Then one day we just catch three. Widow day or something? {D
I'm just glad to have them. My question is, do other people out there free handle?

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I never free hand...except the occasional one that runs up my arm! It happens when you have a couple hundred widows.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i would. they aren't typically aggressive at all. i would probably just pinch though, just to be safe... ;)

DavidD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will free handle mine when im more comfortale. This is my first spider along with my wolf. Got a nice baby black racer though

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont freehandle any of my spiders, unless its highly nessesairy, as spydrhunter1 said its practialy impossible to aviod that they someimes make a run for it, so yes i have had a latro crawling on my hand, but i wouldnt describe it as free handeling.
regards Mikael