slings

rodney123456

Arachnopeon
i will be getting two slings in one about 1 inch the other .75 inch what kind of container should i keep it in and where to get them. One is a curly hair the other is a mexican red knee.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i will be getting two slings in one about 1 inch the other .75 inch what kind of container should i keep it in and where to get them. One is a curly hair the other is a mexican red knee.
Depending on where you are getting them they might be in vials. As long as the vial is 2x the leg diameter you're fine to keep them in them until they outgrow the vials.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
who/what are the search police?

It's a slang term for the "seasoned veterans" around here that get tired of answering the same questions over and over? They will typically get annoyed and tell you to use the Search Function and come back if you have any questions. You will frequently hear the term "He is a memeber of the Search Police" Make sense?

I agree with using the search function, but the problem is trying to enforce it is really hard when you type in "smithi substrate type" and you get 200 hits with the saying... My Smithi is the type of spider that really likes it when the hidey sits on top of the substrate" when you are really looking to find out what kind of substrate is best.

My thoughts, the veterans don't have to answer every post. Us newer folks really don't mind answering those "newbie" type questions.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my g. pulchripes was sold to me in a 2oz condiment container eco earth halfway up and holes punched into the plastic with a needle. i plan on keeping him in there until a 16oz deli cup is appropriate (when he is big enough to find prey in a 160z).

both your slings are terrestrials, so i would reccomend similar husbandry.