sling survival satistics

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
Hey I've just bought five new slings of various species but I'm dubious about the satistics of slings surviving.
Can you more experienced enthusiasts give me some insight into there own succes or failures.
It just strikes me that there awfully cheap and wondered how many bought actually live to adulthood.
Cheers

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What slings are we talking about? Personally,we have had VERY few losses,and we focus mainly on Avicularia,which some people swear die easily.As long as they are kept slightly moist and have adequate ventilation they will be fine,as slings are wayyyyyy more hardy than most think(including Avicularia)I do not believe in "SADS" or whatever some call it.We have had batches of 150+,and only had maybe 3-4 die at most,mostly due to becoming stuck in molts.Moral of the story,do your research,practice good husbandry,and all 5 of those slings should survive with no issues.

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
Wow that's very posotive Thankyou, I have a couple versi's actually, very beautifull and seem very happy. I also have a giant white, salmon pink, and a Mexican red leg all about one to two cm.
John

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some people have issues with versi,we never have. The others you listed are as tough as nails.Buying slings is just flat out fun sometimes,since they are CHEAP( compared to adults) and a snap to care for,and hardy.Have fun watching them grow.

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
how often do they molt

So how often do slings molt and how will i know when there so tiny?

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I haven't had trouble with any of my many slings. Just keep the substrate moist / droplets of water on the wall for them to drink, feed weekly. Even my avics have been fine. I have a friend with probably 40+ avic slings & juvis and he hasn't had a single issue.