should i be worried?

s_butterfly

Arachnopeon
ok i handle my rose hair all the time, but here lately when i put my hand in her cage she chases me (it's pretty cute) anyway I'm just wondering if shes trying to attack me? :?

Last edited:

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does she jump at u or like run on to ur hand. she could just be showing u some loving and care lol

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some rosehairs are known to be defensive. My rosehair used to be nice but now she is a little defensive.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How long have you had her? She may be defending the place she's decided to call her home. Or maybe she's working up to a molt and wants to be left alone. Or maybe she dislikes the scent of the new brand of soap on your hands. Or maybe she's hungry and chases anything that moves. Or maybe she's mature and hoping you're a male rosea.

Hmmmm. Could be a lot of things.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I would do is try to pet her abdomen, if she rears up on you she is pissed if she seems to have no problem with it then she's alright, i handle mine all the time as well i just pet her abdomen until she calms down and then I scoop her up.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Affectionate little Rosie...

I must admit, that is kind of cute. If she commences to kick hairs or raises up in a threat display it can be because she wants to be alone to prepare for a molt or just contemplate quantum mechanics. :p
I had an old Rosie that would do that, I surmise it was to investigate the fingered intruder. You may just have a very curious Rosie. :D