Sexing of Phidippus Ardens

Cldfire

Arachnopeon
Hello. Today I was reading on internet that phidippus ardens female has stripe on her abdomen and male jumper has completely red abdomen. In that case, I would have female, but I found it only on one site and nowhere else. Is it legit? Thanks.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
There's a lot of colour and pattern variation in the P ardens but across the board it seems like females have the stripe and males don't. Would love to see a pic if you have any!

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
That P. ardens got guts haha.

I can not see the video. In the picture I do not see the abdomen. Females should have a black stripe on the abdomen.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
That's quite the impressive catch!
She turns in the vid and you can see the stripe. Definitely female 👍

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
I wish I could see it! Is it not always satisfying to see any spider handle Prey that is larger then it should be?! *Le sigh*, i am way too human at times haha.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
I wish I could see it! Is it not always satisfying to see any spider handle Prey that is larger then it should be?! *Le sigh*, i am way too human at times haha.
I love watching my jumpers takedowns. Always incredible to see 🧡

If you still can't see the video switching to mobile or desktop depending on which one you're on or switching browsers might work?

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the advice. I am on my mobile at the moment. I tried such options but had no better results. I love the choice of orange heart btw. Feels as though you read my mind.

Fed my wild caught female Audax an indigenous wasp/bee today. It was very fulfilling. I apologive for diverging from OP post. I love spiders so much sos