Selenocosmiinae sp Kordilleran

JonArachnid01

Arachnopeon
Any information and care sheets/guide for this sp. Any info and care sheets will be highly appreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Selenocosmiinae if I'm not wrong is a subfamily.

I know genus Selenocosmia, a genus I particularly like with T's that cover a lot of portion of Asia and Australasian area.

Can't be specific now, but anyway they are burrowers (I admit that I don't know if inside the genus there's arboreal ones) so it's the same story... lots of inches of moist substrate, and a pretty decent ventilation is mandatory.

Since you live in the Philippines IMO you are perfectly fine when it comes to temperatures and, to an extent, humidity.

Temperament talking they are a pretty defensive genus... saw once a S.aruana that was a sort of devil :-s

And I hate the fact that here where I live those are rare :banghead:

boina

Lady of the mites
What is that supposed to be??

Selenocosmiinae: Subfamily of tarantulas living in Australasia (as @Chris LXXIX said)

Cordilleras: just meaning 'mountain range' in Spanish, therefore used for mountain ranges in South America or Spain.

Is there an Australian mountain range or something where they are supposed to be living? And why did the get a Spanish name then?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Cordilleras: just meaning 'mountain range' in Spanish, therefore used for mountain ranges in South America or Spain.

Is there an Australian mountain range or something where they are supposed to be living? And why did the get a Spanish name then?
I never heard about the Theraphosidae he mentioned, I admit that :)

But we need to consider that in the Philippines Spanish was an important language therefore wouldn't be too weird to hear a kinda Spanish name/term given to an invert found there... my two cents, uh :-s

JonArachnid01

Arachnopeon
Selenocosmiinae if I'm not wrong is a subfamily.

I know genus Selenocosmia, a genus I particularly like with T's that cover a lot of portion of Asia and Australasian area.

Can't be specific now, but anyway they are burrowers (I admit that I don't know if inside the genus there's arboreal ones) so it's the same story... lots of inches of moist substrate, and a pretty decent ventilation is mandatory.

Since you live in the Philippines IMO you are perfectly fine when it comes to temperatures and, to an extent, humidity.

Temperament talking they are a pretty defensive genus... saw once a S.aruana that was a sort of devil :-s

And I hate the fact that here where I live those are rare :banghead:
Thanks for the information. I really can't find any care sheets for this sp hehe. all I know is that they're old world and has a pretty defensive nature. Other than that, I'll stick to the guide u have said. thanks a lot :D

JonArachnid01

Arachnopeon
What is that supposed to be??

Selenocosmiinae: Subfamily of tarantulas living in Australasia (as @Chris LXXIX said)

I think it was given the name sp kordilleran because they are found in Cordillera Administrative Region here in the Philippines. So as other species found here like sp. Romblon, sp. Palawan and etc., If I'm not mistaken. hehe :D

Jaddenesis7

Arachnopeon
Common Name: Sp Kordilleran
Class: Old World.
As of the moment (as far as i know) there are no Scientific Studies still since its discovery some time ago in 2015. They are mainly found in Cordillera Admistrative Region in Northern Luzon, Philippines.
Yes, they are burrowers. They love moist substrate. Temp in the Cordilleras is around 8-29 C.

1586492027048.png

Samuska

Arachnopeon
Common Name: Sp Kordilleran
Class: Old World.
As of the moment (as far as i know) there are no Scientific Studies still since its discovery some time ago in 2015. They are mainly found in Cordillera Admistrative Region in Northern Luzon, Philippines.
Yes, they are burrowers. They love moist substrate. Temp in the Cordilleras is around 8-29 C.

View attachment 339776
I’m sorry to dig this OLD post back up, but I’ve been looking for info on this species for weeks! I mainly wanted to know if these guys would typically qualify as a “pet hole” and whether they were more defensive/skittish or defensive/aggresive.