Scorpion Videos

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Most graphics display properties (especially nowadays, if its intel, ati or nvidia) will have a video overlay setting in which you can change the gamma and contrast. At least this way you can see it as its meant to be seen. Video editor can do this permanently to the video, but they cost money...

(its in advanced settings that you would find the video overlay)

Last edited:

Zach Valois

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thesupermonkey said:
More of Goliath in action...

Goliath ran out of her burrough to attack this mouse... poor guy never had a chance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-GYVOqoKBA

Hello,

so did you say that this specimen is indeed a P. imperator? I too have NEVER in all my years seen a P. imperator that aggressive and tactile (the dim shots of the metasomal carinae look suggestivly different from Pandinus species). The mouse also reacts very quickly to the venom. Do you think that this species would come across and attempt to prey on a mammel of this size in the wild?
Does 'goliath' have ANY bite marks or injurys. I'm sure there has to be at least some small nips somewhere around the chela. For example watch the first video that supermonkey posted; where the mouse is dangled in front of the ceramic/plastic 'rock shelter'. You can cleary see the mouse bite the shelter. It only takes a split second for somthing like this to happen.
I can't believe someone hasn't already brought this topic up.

Zach

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool vids, George! Wish you the best in healthy scorplings! :)

~Fred

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
definately getting big walton :p

your doing a superb job rearing them ;)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
guess wat the noise at the back id because im watching THE DA vinci code! heheheheh

geroge!

i cant wait to breed those serioulsy!

Androctonus Bicolor doing 180 degrees sumersate while fighting with first roach in its 4th instar, theres a couplke of events where the roach actually try to clib the side to escape. but the bicolor refuse the let go and hang along , then you see bicolor and roach fell down when the weights too much for the roach, didnt manage to catch that on video though, was too slow.. so heres wat i took... ") enjoy the vidz..

that link is bad, heres the one ..

Last edited by a moderator:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OutLander said:
Hello,

so did you say that this specimen is indeed a P. imperator? I too have NEVER in all my years seen a P. imperator that aggressive and tactile (the dim shots of the metasomal carinae look suggestivly different from Pandinus species). The mouse also reacts very quickly to the venom. Do you think that this species would come across and attempt to prey on a mammel of this size in the wild?

Regarding the venom, it does seem to take effect rather quickly, but if you look at the "Editors version" where Goliath is out in the open, she probably stings the mouse about 30 times. And if you think about it, 30 perforations by a 0.8-10 millimeter stinger into a mouse...Well, the chock/trauma and the depression of the bloodpreassure would be a factor well worth counting in. The kill in the cave is another thing though, hard to tell. Getting stung in the behind isn't that effective without poison.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I don't know why it is that people think that posting millions of posts in a thread (none of them reported) will get the attention of the moderators etc. moreso than simply PMing us. We've recieved a (rudely worded, but whatever) request to have this thread as a sticky and are currently considering it. The next person to post a request in this thread will be summarily banned. In the future, instead of posting stupid quantities of off topic posts, making the thread unwieldly and less useful, consider PMing a moderator -- even just reporting a post with the comment of "could we make this a sticky?" if you are lazy. There is even a "Troubleshooting" forum that can be used to make suggestions. So many ways of making a request without being juvenile.

Cheers,
Dave

Evil Juggalo

Arachnopeon
Well,
This is my first post on this forum as I am new to the hobby and was directed here by an awesome girl from Petco..

Heres a short vid of my Emp "Syzygy" eating a Meal worm.. Sorry, but my camera REALLY sucks, and I had to keep changing angles so I just cut out most of the BS with premiere..

Ill have more videos of my other 2 Emps "Antares" and "Inferi" as soon as I get them aquainted in thier new home..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2qYtxTFXQ

Syzygy kept that like last quarter of the worm hangin out of his mouth for a good 5 minutes... anyone wanna tell me why?

-Evil Juggalo

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty cool video, but please get the sand out of there. P. imperator is a tropical scorpion and should be kept on Coco-fiber, peat, or some kind of soil(With no fertilizers). Also most P. imperator will burrow so you should give them about 6-8" of substrate.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They don't eat like people do, they have to masticate and 'digest' it, before passing it on to their stomach.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
interspecies nookie

Recently I started housing my adult male H. laoticus and female imp together to save space. Almost immediately they began displaing mating behavior! This morning they performed a little disappearing spermaphore act by actually mating successfully :eek:

I forgot to shoot the actual mating but I did film the breakup, which was pretty violent
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTloECoDkJ8

And a little later my imp was spooked by a plant, which i got a chuckle from.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=35GbfqJxc4s

Enjoy!

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Next time try hand feeding it instead of just poking it. (ie. take a female cricket by the ovipositor with a pair of tweezers or even your fingers, but the cricket climbs back on itself fairly well, tweezers they have a little more trouble)