pede-a-holic
Old Timer
WOW !!!

that's really an impressive pede !
very very nice !!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven, do you think that is a Scolopendrid? Looking at the structure and position of the maxillipeds, it could be a cormocephalus. What do you think?

Cheers,

P.S. Either way, there is no denying thats a very nice pede, and one i have never seen before.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
danread said:
Steven, do you think that is a Scolopendrid? Looking at the structure and position of the maxillipeds, it could be a cormocephalus. What do you think?

Cheers,

P.S. Either way, there is no denying thats a very nice pede, and one i have never seen before.
1 key to Cormocephalus is that the Headplate is beneath the first Tergite,...
as i can see from the pictures the Headplate is above the first Tergite,... and it has a ringfurrow on Tergite 1,... i think Sebastian is getting close with his Sc.viridicornis,... but i'm not sure,... anyway a real beautifull colorform :}

i can see the confusion cause on 1 of the pictures it indeed looks like a cormo,... but i guess it's just the angle of which the pict is taken.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
omg ... he's LOVELY, im sorry you will have to give it to me :) you got a very nice one there

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven said:
1 key to Cormocephalus is that the Headplate is beneath the first Tergite,...
as i can see from the pictures the Headplate is above the first Tergite,... and it has a ringfurrow on Tergite 1,... i think Sebastian is getting close with his Sc.viridicornis,... but i'm not sure,... anyway a real beautifull colorform :}

i can see the confusion cause on 1 of the pictures it indeed looks like a cormo,... but i guess it's just the angle of which the pict is taken.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up! :)

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Steven probably has this species somewhere in his collection.............. :D

This one has not been in the US since 1998 or so....even then very rare. :wall:

Bob

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Bob said:
Steven probably has this species somewhere in his collection.............. :D
i wish i had Bob,.... i wish i had :rolleyes: :( ;)