Red spots on epigastric furrow.

Grin

Arachnoknight
Well, i'm not entirely sure whats on the epigastric furrow. But i'm curious and didn't come across any other threads.
She molted out about a month or so ago and didn't have then. I just noticed it last night.
Yes, the substrate is kept dry and i've already checked for mites...

DSCN4084dsfz by PorcelainGrin, on Flickr

If there are any threads that i might have missed, feel free to post them.

Thanks, Britt

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Without some cytology, or at least a couple of different views... it's really hard to say. Does that whole pale area protrude from the rest of the cranial abdomen?
Could be an old injury, or a cyst that she's abraded on the substrate resulting in a possible bacterial infection. Oh, but you said she didn't have it immediately post-molt?
Hopefully someone will be along with more info for you. Hope she molts out of that. What species?

Grin

Arachnoknight
Just that small area.
shes been on the same substrate since i've had her in my care 7 months ago.
All substrate is baked before i put in their enclosures.
She never had it before or after molt.
More then likely accrued in the past 2 weeks.

She is a G.rosea.

I was suppose to ship her off to her new family, but i don't think that's going to happen now, i would like to try and find out what it is before i leave for a couple months.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, I'd be afraid to ship her like that. Anyone local who can T sit for you?

Grin

Arachnoknight
Well my husband will only be away for a month as well, and i do have someone from the boards coming to check on them.

ciColors

Arachnopeon
I know this is a very old thread, but my T has something similar and I can't get pics right now. Does anyone else have any idea what these spots are?