psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus

jmod

Arachnopeon
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

A couple of quick questions about the psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus. This one has me really interested and it would be our first psalmopoeus. I am just curious of a few pieces:
1. Anyone have some good care tips on them? I haven't found a ton of info out there.
2. I am trying to get at the name on this one. Has anyone seen where the name originates from?

Thanks all!

cold blood

Staff member
. Anyone have some good care tips on them? I haven't found a ton of info o
care is the same as any Psalmo, with the exception that they arent as drought tolerant, so keep the sub damp.
am trying to get at the name on this one.
You have the name posted...Psalmopeous ecclesiasticus....its the only name that matters.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
1. Anyone have some good care tips on them? I haven't found a ton of info out there.
I have an adult female that I raised from a sling.

Same setup as other Psalmopoeus species. Enough sub so that they can burrow if they choose to, wide vertical bark piece, plant cover around the base of the bark, and a water dish. Examples below.

Non Avic setup 1.jpg Non Avic setup 3.jpg Non Avic setup 4.jpg

They're not as drought tolerant as the rest of the genus though so keep the sub slightly moist and don't let it fully dry out for long periods.

Couple pics of my female.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have an adult female that I raised from a sling.

Same setup as other Psalmopoeus species. Enough sub so that they can burrow if they choose to, wide vertical bark piece, plant cover around the base of the bark, and a water dish. Examples below.

View attachment 337282 View attachment 337283 View attachment 337284

They're not as drought tolerant as the rest of the genus though so keep the sub slightly moist and don't let it fully dry out for long periods.

Couple pics of my female.

What's their disposition like and photosensitivity like relative to the others?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
What's their disposition like and photosensitivity like relative to the others?
She was skittish and bolty as a sling/small juvie (they're ridiculously fast, even by Psalmo standards) but she developed an attitude once she hit around 3", she's probably my most cranky Psalmo. I wouldn't say she's photosensitive, she doesn't spaz out at bright lights like my Pokies do and I do see her out during the day.

jmod

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies on this, they are very helpful!