Psalmopoeus cambridgei

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I just got an adult female in a trade, was 5in. but it molted and is now 8in. Shes busy fattening up right now, are males of this specie hard to find? I read that they are very easy to breed and this female in particular has a very good temperment. After she bulks up I'll snap some pics with her on my hand, shes the most beautiful green.
Steve

BTW, I didn't know they got this big, is this normal? Just thinking about it, what does LMAO mean?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

Wow going from 5in to 8in? how did that happened? wh0a I'm amazed any ways LMAO means laughing my @$$ off yeah well any ways you have a big cambridgei there...I'm still a little amazed by the growth size any ways have a nice day
geo

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These guys grow really fast (as you've already seen) so your best bet is to buy 3 or 4 slings and raise them. You'll probably have a male in two years or less. The slings are usually on the cheap side.

Wade

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! 3" growth?!? That's incredible, mine grew from 4.5" to 5.5" just a few days ago. What are you feeding that thing for it to grow like that? Must get mine fed up to a big size:} How do you find that cambridgei? Mine isn't as fast or as aggressive as was suggested to me.

Have you got any pics? I'd love to see some.

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I gotta try to get some pics up, I got a camera but can't figure out how to post on here. I got her from a guy in a trade, he said she was 5in. and she molted, I got her, measured her at 8in. I have another at 3 1/2in. speedy and jumpy at times(literally jumpy!?) But other T's I got from him were 2in. bigger than he said,
Steve

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi mate, ithink the guy you got it off must have got the size wrong,cause its not possible for a spider to grow that big in one molt,but still they are a cool species;)

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, the previous owner probably measured without the legs spread while you measured with the legs spread. I've seen some grow as much as 1-1.5" in a molt, but 3" would be something new :eek:

Great species by the way.

Jim B.

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine just molted also.It had a considerable growth too.Unfortunatley the area on the old shed where you can sex them was messed up.All the rest was perfectly intact.Figures.Anyway ,Heres a pic

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I had not idea P.cambridgei could attain 8". Congrats on the monster chevy!