pregnant or not?

brandongalea

Arachnopeon
Hi, I just recieved this emperor scorpion as a xmas gift and i was told that it might be pregnant. What do you think?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like the telson isn't very dark. I'd say sub-adult coming up for a molt. Maybe a better shot of the telson. The bulbous thing the stinger is attached to.

brandongalea

Arachnopeon
This is my first scorpion so i'm no an expert but i'm willing to learn, I had a chilien rose T, but a cricket atacked it while she was moulting and died.
This is a better pic of my emperor scorpion

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good looking one though. The telson is dark red/brown on the adult emporers.
This is an adult.

You lucked out getting a sub-adult since you know it isn't old and on its last legs like a lot of adult emps sold.

K3jser

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Because its not a Adult yet, its proably the only thing that can tell you the age of a scorp..

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You got lucky finding a sub-adult at the petshop. Meaning your going to have a very long lived scorpion 8+ years if properly cared for.

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is a sub adult rare (at a petshop)? Thats the only ones i've been able to find. I have two of them :) Didn't realise I was that lucky.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's rare on occasion I should have said but you both are lucky skipping juvies and getting one right before adulthood for a long lived emp. I see adults 75-85% of the time.