Praying mantis & bad molt

Elphaba

Arachnopeon
Help! I woke up this AM to my praying Mantis on the bottom of her enclosure, while molting. She obviously fell & was in a bad position. Her back legs were still inside her old skin. I managed to pick her up & get the skin off. (this was her 3rd molt since she found me) Now, her 4 legs are all messed up, her wings unfolded & those are a mess too & getting in the way of her legs. I've tried to carefully position her legs the way they should be before she hardens. But I really just want to leave her alone to rest. Stupid question but could I cut her wings off if they don't lay down & fold like they should? Will that hurt her?

Attachments

Tbone192

Arachnobaron
I'm sorry this has happened to your mantis and by extension you. Bad molts do happen and they are very unfortunate only thing I can think of is always make sure the enclosure is a good humidity when your mantis is about to molt. I don't really know what you can do for her currently but I'd just let her rest.

There is a chance she can potentially correct it and just have a missing leg for a couple molts but it does not look great.

Keep this thread updated and I'll try to help as best I can. Hopefully someone who has experienced something similar with their mantids chimes in with some info. Best wishes.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Those legs look like they are unable to support the animal. After it hardens and it is unable to climb/hang, euthanasia is likely the best option.